If you’re looking for another reason to eat fresh and eat healthy, this may be it! What earthworm can not eat? Worms can eat pretty much any organic matter that was once living, which encompasses a lot of healthy food such as fruits, vegetables and grains! That’s a pretty good incentive to buy fruits and vegetables more often. Not only is it great for your health, it provides food for your small wiggly friends as well.
Want to success to breeding them? Please What earthworm can not eat?
What earthworm can not eat?
Worms live in a condensed, confined area so it’s important to keep their environment free of certain types of food that they don’t like to eat or can harm them. For instance, the pH levels of the bin cannot become too acidic or it will harm the worms. Also, worms must breathe through their skin and certain types of food will irritate that process. Other foods will stink up real bad when thrown into a composter and that can attract rats and other vermin. These are just some of the reasons you should avoid putting the following food scraps into your worm composting bin:
- Meats, bones, fat and anything oily or greasy.
- Dairy products including butter, sour cream, milk, whole eggs (egg shells are ok) and cheese.
- Canned sauces, peanut butter and other processed food.
- Citrus foods like lemons, limes and oranges.
- Onions and garlic.
- Spicy foods such as hot peppers.
- Yard trimmings that have been treated with pesticides.
- Plastic, metals, glass or other non-biodegradable items.
- Paper that has a glossy finish or colored ink
- Poison ivy, oak or sumac or other poisonous plants.
Where can I buy worms for composting?
Anphu Earthworm Co., Ltd
5/8 Streest No 15, Binh An Ward, Dist 2, Hochiminh City – Vietnam
Tel/Zalo: 8498.3346179 – Fax: 8428-62810261