Worm castings are one of the most natural soil enrichments available and are environmentally friendly, all natural, easy to use and safe to handle.
Earthworm castings were created by “Perionyx Excavatus worm” for the purpose of promoting optimum plant growth and everything required to provide it is found in them.
Houseplants love worm castings, as do all outdoor flowers, vegetables, shrubs, grass and trees. Worm castings are non-toxic, so it is safe to use around humans, pets, wildlife and lakes.
When you concentrate this odorless, non-burning miracle of nature in greater concentrations than usually found in nature, the results are truly spectacular.
Earthworm castings have a high concentration of beneficial bacteria and microbes added to them by the earthworm in the digestive process. These microscopic creatures help different elements of the soil work in conjunction with each other to create healthy, working soil that provides the best possible environment for optimum growth.
Improves Plant Growth: a 20% increase in plant growth and a 150% increase in root mass is possible by adding just 1 part of worm castings to 9 parts of soil!
Research has shown that Worm Castings added to the soil at low rates may result in improved disease resistance because:
- Plants are healthier and stronger when grown in Worm Castings
- Worm Castings provide beneficial microbes that compete with disease causing organisms
- Microbes supplied by Worm Castings compete for available food sources
Worm Castings benefits soil in many ways:
- It improves its physical structure
- It enriches soil in micro-organisms, adds plant hormones such as auxins and gibberellic acid, and adds enzymes such as phosphates and cellulase
- It attracts deep-burrowing earthworms already present in the soil
- It improves water holding capacity
- It enhances germination, plant growth, and crop yield
- It improves root growth and structure
Chemical fertilizers usually provide only synthetic nutrients many of which are quickly lost into the soil with watering, as a plant’s root system can only absorb so much. Chemical fertilizers are most often detrimental to soil microbiology, by-passing and often destroying much of its beneficial microbial and bacterial activity. At the same time, many of these synthetic nutrients are absorbed into your plants and food. Chemical fertilizers and pesticides used in both farms and gardens have become our country’s leading cause of water pollution.
For millions of years the incredible earthworm has been one of nature’s greatest producers of readily available plant food. When used in greater concentrations than found in nature, this non-burning, long lasting organic fertilizer can provide remarkable benefits.
Please click to see how to produce Prosoil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6Y6uk_8GY4&index=1&list=UUX_m8meYIZDM7-X-fthZPtA